The International Ski Federation has announced the launch of its new official mobile app. Available on Android and iOS devices, the FIS App will offer the skiing and snowboarding family an entirely new experience to follow FIS competitions and related content and news.
Created in conjunction with international sports marketing company Infront Sports and Media and its subsidiary OMNIGON – one of the world’s leading digital services firms in sports – the new FIS App provides a comprehensive and engaging experience for skiing and snowboarding fans.
The FIS App brings together the FIS official results, data and live timing to complement the rich editorial coverage on the FIS’ website. Additionally, it will have a major focus on video material, including near-live clips and highlights for World Cup competitions. The FIS App will also include the Behind the Scenes video series for Cross Country Skiing, Nordic Combined, Alpine and Freestyle Skiing and Snowboarding to give fans an inside look at the FIS World Cup series and the athletes who participate in them.
The platform also provides users with a completely tailored experience featuring the ability to select favourite athletes and favourite nations to receive custom content and push notifications for selected World Cup series.
All data and live timing from the previous mobile site is incorporated in a richer format to allow fans to use it both as a second screen during live telecasts or as a standalone source of information. Some of the key features users can look forward to include:
- All six disciplines, including information for all FIS competition levels, under one roof.
- Exclusive video content, including near live video clips 5 minutes after World Cup races.
- Easy to use filtering and selection features for athletes, events and key data.
- Ability to favourite athletes and nations and customise the user experience.
- All historic data in an user friendly find and filter for all FIS competition levels.
- Push notifications to receive important information about World Cup competitions.
- Full editorial and social media content including detailed athlete information.
- Clear navigation and user friendly layout and design